The next regular, second-Saturday-of-the-month meeting of the Utah Valley Technology and Genealogy Group - UVTAGG (Formerly the Utah Valley PAF Users Group - UVPAFUG) will be on Saturday, 13 Oct 2012, from 9 am to noon in the LDS "Red Chapel", 4050 North Timpview Drive (650 East), Provo. Information about the Group, main presentations, classes, and class notes are available on their website http://uvtagg.org and the press releases are at http://blog.uvtagg.org .
The main presentation this month will be by Barry Ewell on 50 GOOGLE SEARCHES EVERY GENEALOGIST NEEDS TO KNOW. Learn 50 of the most effective search queries that you, as a genealogist, can use to find what you want when you want it. There will be helpful information for all of us using the Internet. Barry J. Ewell is the founder of MyGenShare.com, a website for individuals interested in learning, sharing, and discovering family history. He is also the author of Barry's Blog on Genealogy and is a writer, presenter, researcher, and mentor of genealogists. He has presented and shared his knowledge and experience at local, regional, and national conferences. His research interests include Eastern U.S., the United Kingdom, Scandinavia, Germany, and Russia.
After the main presentation the following classes are presently scheduled:
- How to Discover Treasures in the Library, Archives, and Societies, by Barry Ewell
- State and Local Census and Census Substitutes, by Laurie Castillo
- Family History Consultants Help People Change Their Lives, by John Blake, an Area FH Advisor
- Personalized Help, by Don Engstrom and Finn Hansen
- Genealogy on the MAC, by Ron Snowden
- Video of last month's main presentation: Genealogy Jeopardy: The Technology Edition, by Kory Meyerink
- Ancestral Quest, by Paul Johnson
- Legacy, by Dean Bennett
- RootsMagic, by Sue Maxwell