The next regular, second-Saturday-of-the-month meeting of the Utah Valley Technology and Genealogy Group - UVTAGG (Formerly the Utah Valley PAF Users Group - UVPAFUG) will be on Saturday, 12 Jan 2013, from 9 am to noon in the LDS "Red Chapel", 4050 North Timpview Drive (650 East), Provo. Information about the Group, main presentations, classes, and class notes are available on their website http://uvtagg.org and the press releases are athttp://blog.uvtagg.org .
The main presentation this month will be by Alan Morrell on THE CHURCH HISTORY LIBRARY'S ONLINE PRESENCE AND DATABASES. Thousands of family historians regularly visit the Church History Library in Salt Lake City to learn more about their Latter-day Saint ancestors. Increasingly, researchers can find information on the Internet, including major databases now on the Church History Library's website http://churchhistorylibrary.
After the main presentation the following classes are presently scheduled:
- Introducing FamilySearch Photos, by Beth Ann Wiseman
- Ask an Expert, by various local family history experts
- Using FamilySearch FamilyTree, by Douglas M. Chabries
- Q&A on Church History Library Online, by Alan Morrell
- Video of last month's main presentation, The Center for Family History and Genealogy at BYU, by Jill Crandell
- Ancestral Quest, by Gaylon Findlay
- Legacy, by Dean Bennett
- What's New in RootsMagic 6, by Renee Zamora and Diana Olsen.