The Riverton FamilySearch Library Hosts Free Seminar on
January 19th from 9:00 A.M. to Noon
Focusing on Family Tree
RIVERTON, UTAHJanuary is the perfect time to set a new year’s resolution to explore your family history. Why not start the year off right by attending the Riverton FamilySearch Library’s Saturday Seminar? Back by popular demand, humorous keynote speaker Ron Tanner will entertain you and enlighten you as he discusses FamilySearch’s new release of Family Tree. In his presentation, “The Family Tree Is Released!! Now What?”Ron will talk about the purpose of Family Tree and the current features in this release. He will also demonstrate new features that are coming in the future.
Ron Tanner is a product manager for the Family History Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. His primary responsibility is to lead a team doing research and design of Family Tree and companion products. Ron has a master’s degree in Computer Science from BYU and has previously worked as a Product Manager and Engineer at Novell, Citrix, and Bell Laboratories. Ron and his wife, CheRee, have four children, 2 son-in-laws, and a daughter-in-law.
Following the keynote presentation from 9:00–10:00 a.m., there will be two blocks of four classes each that will cover topics of interest to beginning, intermediate, and advanced family history enthusiasts.
Classes to be held from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. are:
- “But She Died in Upstate New York in the 1850sHow Can I Identify Her Parents?"David Ouimette
- “Basic Indexing”Brad Jensen
- “Family History for Those with Tongan Ancestry”MolitikaVaivaka
- “The 3 Cs of Irish Research”Judith Eccles Wight
The classes available from 11:00 a.m. to noon are:
- “Who Made the Bread? Reconstructing Life in Your European Ancestral Hometown”Peggy Ryskamp
- “Scanning Images and Using Them Online”Sarah Morrow
- “Immigration and Emigration Records”Pat Jensen
- “A Few of My Favorite Things in Irish Research”Judith Eccles Wight
Registration is not required for this free seminar. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 Market Center Drive. The facility is near the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 13400 South, just east of The Home Depot.