A new guide for family history consultants, Family History Consultant’s Guide to Temple and Family History Work, is now available as a downloadable .pdf file. (You will need the Adobe Reader to view the document. To download the reader, click here.)
The Family History Consultant’s Guide will help family history consultants:
- Understand their role and responsibilities.
- Prepare to serve.
- Know where they can obtain help.
- Assist members to do temple and family history work.
- Identify additional resources that can help them.
Please note: The Family History Consultant’s Guide mentions two new resources that are not yet available: Instructor’s Guide to Temple and Family History Work and Temple and Family History Course DVD. Please do not contact Distribution Services or Church headquarters to try to order these resources yet. You will be informed when these new resources are available.
To access the Family History Consultant’s Guide, click here. If clicking the link does not work, you may type or copy and paste the following into your Internet browser’s address bar:
A link to the Family History Consultant’s Guide is also available in the new FamilySearch. To access the link, do the following:
- Log in to the new FamilySearch.
- Select Help Center.
- At the top of the screen, select the Training & Resources tab.
- In the Resources for Consultants and Leaders section, select Family History Consultant’s Guide to Temple and Family History Work.