Riverton FamilySearch Library Free February Seminar
Family History – A Family Affair
Riverton, Utah () - The Riverton FamilySearch Library (RFSL) has announced its free seminar series on , from The keynote speaker, Darren E. Schmidt, will focus on ideas and helps for how to make the temple and family history more important in the lives of your children. Registration is not required.
Darren has been teaching seminary and institute in Salt Lake City for the seminaries and institutes of religion for nearly 20 years. He is a regular speaker at BYU Education Week, teaching both youth and adult classes, as well as a speaker and session director for “Especially for Youth” programs. Darren has written articles for the Ensignmagazine, as well as authored a book for parents entitled Table Salt and Testimony. He and his sweetheart, Jolynn, are the proud parents of five boys and three girls and reside in West Jordan, Utah.
Following the keynote presentation from, two blocks of four classes each are offered that cover topics of interest for all levels of family history enthusiasts.
- “The Family History Guide” by Robert Ives
- “The Sourcerer’s Apprentice – Great Tools to Help You Source your Family Trees” by Ron Ray
- “Keeping Records (and How to Keep Them)” by Christopher McAfee
- “My Heritage – Making it Work for You” by Sue Maxwell
- “Train the Trainer” by Robert Taylor
- “Beginning Irish Research’” by Joni Kesler
- “Early Handwriting – Can You Read It?” by Pat Jensen
- “Navigation of Findmypast” by Sue Maxwell
Last minute class changes are shown on the RFSL website at www.familysearch.org/fhc/
Registration is not required for this free seminar. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 West Market Center Drive (13175 South), Riverton, Utah; 801-240-9601.
RFSL will be hosting a Family Discovery Day in conjunction with this monthly seminar. Families will participate in fun activities used in family history. Youth of all ages are invited.
- “Replace a Face”
- “Story Room”
- “From Your Smartphone Straight to Family Tree with Memories”
- “Discover Your Pioneer Ancestors”
- “Fan Charts, The Year You Were Born, Pedigree, and Family Group Sheets”
- “Recovering LDS Usernames and Passwords”
- “Family History Coloring Book”