Sunday, January 01, 2017

My New Year's Goal for 2017




Every New Years day I go over my goals from the previous year, and look forward to making new ones. For several days I have been wondering what to set as my goals for the coming year. I was a complete blank. I felt like a clean slate was ahead of me and its whiteness was to perfect to mar writing upon it.

Then this morning the words finally came "Carry On". It was something President Gordon B. Hinckley said in a news conference right after becoming the prophet for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He was asked what the theme would be for his administration. It was simple and profound "Carry On".

I have established some really good habits this past year. Each of them inspired by the spirit and bringing me great joy. What I needed more than anything else was to dig the roots deeper so they are firmly established. I don't know what is ahead of me this year, but I know deeper roots will serve me well. What I plan to do is "Carry On".


See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: