► Nearly 80,000 Woolwich records complete
Royal Greenwich database◄
• Woolwich Cemetery, the last of five cemeteries managed by the Royal Borough of Greenwich in South London, has had all records digitised and added to www.deceasedonline.com .
• In total, there are now over 485,000 records for the Royal Borough which includes Eltham Crematorium as well as Charlton, Eltham, Greenwich, Plumstead and Woolwich cemeteries.
• Woolwich Cemetery opened in 1856 and features many military graves as well as some fascinating memorials.
• Click here to read more details about this cemetery and many others within the ‘database coverage’ section on Deceased Online website.
• Victims from London’s worst-ever peacetime disaster are buried and commemorated at Woolwich and you can read all about this in Emma Jolly’s next blog so register now at: http://deceasedonlineblog.blogspot.co.uk/
• The data for Woolwich Cemetery comprise:
• Grave details indicating those buried in each grave
• Scans of burial registers
• Cemetery maps indicating grave locations
• Some photographs of memorials and headstones
Lots of burial records for Lancashire and Yorkshire….