Family History Expos Launches 10th Anniversary Celebration
2013 Arizona Expo Begins Year-Long Whirlwind
“Family History Expos 10th anniversary marks the reality of computers coming of age. Today smart phones, iPads, and Androids are all the rage,” Hansen said.
Family History Expos will celebrate its 10th anniversary with a kick-off celebration in Mesa, Arizona, at the 2013 Arizona Family History Expo. The anniversary theme for 2013 is, “Top 10 Techniques: Fishing for Ancestors and Other Persons of Interest.”
The Arizona Expo is slated for January 18-19, 2013, at the Mesa Convention Center, 263 N. Center Street, Mesa, Arizona. Exhibits will open Friday at noon. Registration will open at 12 noon, and the last class will begin at 7:20 p.m. On Saturday, registration and exhibits will open at 9 a.m. Prize drawings will be held at the close of the event at 4 p.m. on Saturday.
Opening keynote speaker Barbara Renick will kick off the celebration, focusing on top technology classes. Renick is a genealogical computing instructor at the Regional Family History Center in Orange, California. She has taught genealogical computing classes since 1985 and frequently lectures at regional and national conferences. She also writes for several genealogy publications and authored Genealogy 101: How to Trace Your Family's History and Heritage on behalf of the National Genealogical Society's 100th Anniversary.Speakers Offer Variety for All Levels
Other speakers featured at this event include (but certainly aren’t limited to):
- Daniel Quillen, “Fishing for (and Finding!) Your Military Ancestors”
- Lisa Louise Cooke, “Two Top 10 iPad Lists You Need for Genealogy: Apps and Tricks”
- Donald N. Yates, Ph.D., “New-Generation Autosomal Ancestry Markers: Rare Genes from History”
- James L. Tanner, “Free Digital Books Online for Genealogy”
- Geoff Rasmussen, “Legacy Family Tree for Your Mobile Device Plus Other Tips and Tricks”
- Hansen will close the two-day show with, “Happy Birthday Family History Expos with 10 Grand Prize Give-Aways.”
Cost of Registration:
Preregistration Fee: $79
Friday Only: $55
Friday Only: $55
Saturday Only: $55
At the Door: $99
Free consultant and leader training will be available; watch for more details to follow.
Hope to see you there!
The FamilySearch Team