The Riverton FamilySearch Library will host a free seminar on
Saturday, March 15th, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
that will offer help to genealogists of all skill levels.
Riverton, Utah - Taking Your Family History Electronic—Creating Your Own Amazing E-book
E-books are gaining favor with genealogists and family historians for their readability, look, and convenience. Learn how to take your written family history from paper to electronic format. You can even add photos and embedded videos. Using Sigil, a free open source software program, and a few publication tricks, you will be up and running in no time. Share your family stories in multiple formats to be read by computer or one of the many readers on the market, including the iPad, iPhone, Nook, Kindle, or mobile device.
Luana Darby, MLIS, is a professional genealogist based in Salt Lake City. She specializes in the U.S. Midwest, Palatine German, LDS, and American patriot research. She is working toward receiving her AG and CG credentials. She has been working with clients for over 20 years under her company, Lineages by Luana, and is a frequent speaker at conferences, workshops, and institutes. She is past president of the Utah Genealogical Association.
Following the keynote presentation from 9:00 to10:00 a.m., two blocks of four classes each are offered that cover topics of interest for beginning, intermediate, and advanced family history enthusiasts.
10:10 a.m. Choose one of the following four classes:
- “My Ancestor’s Piece of Earth—Learning about My Family through Land Records ”- Jill Shoemaker
- “The ABCs and 123s of Genetic Genealogy”––Angie Bush
- “Bite-size Pieces—How to Write Your Personal History” - Rose Ann Fisher
- “How to Save Your Life—One Chapter at a Time”- Tom Taylor
11:20 a.m. Choose one of the following four classes:
- “Evidence Analysis: Looking for Hidden Clues in Your Family History”- Kathryn Moore
- “Story Triage—How to Tell the Ten Best Stories of Your Life”––Alison Taylor
- “Regional Differences in Genealogy ”- Duncan Kuehn
- “Puzzilla: My Work Is Done? or, We've Only Just Begun!”––Bill Harten
Registration is not required for this free seminar. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 West Market Center Drive. The facility is near the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 13400 South, just east of The Home Depot.