Thursday, July 26, 2007

Insider - Genealogy Style

Sometimes when I just feel like hanging out I will stand in a long line in the grocery store so I can read that latest gossip magazines. I would never actually buy one but I do like to read them. Well now the gossip world is available to us a la "The Ancestry Insider" blog.

The mysterious owner of this blog promotes and promises that they are: "The unofficial, unauthorized view of the big four genealogy and family history websites:,,, and Since the parent companies of these sites rarely publicly comment on ANYTHING, there's a big need for an unofficial outlet. I'll be upfront in saying I'm sympathetic to the problems faced by these companies. If you have an inside scoop send it to Your identity will remain completely confidential."

It looks like this blog has been around since April 2007. I guess my big question is - who is this guy or gal and is anyone other than the mailing lists feeding them inside information? If you have the scoop on it's author I sure would love to know!

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: