Thursday, July 26, 2007

Insider - Genealogy Style

Sometimes when I just feel like hanging out I will stand in a long line in the grocery store so I can read that latest gossip magazines. I would never actually buy one but I do like to read them. Well now the gossip world is available to us a la "The Ancestry Insider" blog.

The mysterious owner of this blog promotes and promises that they are: "The unofficial, unauthorized view of the big four genealogy and family history websites: Ancestry.com, RootsWeb.com, FamilySearch.org, and Genealogy.com. Since the parent companies of these sites rarely publicly comment on ANYTHING, there's a big need for an unofficial outlet. I'll be upfront in saying I'm sympathetic to the problems faced by these companies. If you have an inside scoop send it to AncestryInsider@gmail.com. Your identity will remain completely confidential."

It looks like this blog has been around since April 2007. I guess my big question is - who is this guy or gal and is anyone other than the mailing lists feeding them inside information? If you have the scoop on it's author I sure would love to know!

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: