Here are some of the key points:
- Catalog 2.0 will be available in the coming months via FamilySearch and FamilyLink.
- Users will be able to enhance and extend the value of the catalog
- Users will be able to add new sources and thus extend its scope of coverage.
- Users will be able to improve the source descriptions, and even rate and review sources as to their usefulness.
- The catalog will directly link to the online version, whether they exist on Ancestry.com, WorldVitalRecords.com, FamilySearch.org, Footnote.com, NEHGS.org, or on Google Books, Microsoft Live Books, USGenWeb, WorldGenWeb, or other web sites, saving researchers countless time.
- The vision is to link the Catalog to all databases and sources, regardless of whether they are currently in the FHLC or in the library in Salt Lake or not.
- The goal is to catalog eventually every genealogy source in the world, not just the ones held in a particular library.