Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Scanfest

It's been six months since I've mentioned Scanfest. That was back in my New Year's resolution article as part of getting myself organized this year. I am reporting back that I have been attending Scanfest. Oh, what is Scanfest you ask?

"It's a time when family history lovers gather online to chat while scanning their precious family photos and documents." And, boy, do we love to chat. It's been fun gaining all these new fellow genealogist friends while working on the worth while project of scanning all my documents and photos.

I haven't scanned any photo's yet. My priority was to first scan all the important family documents for my immediate family. Then I could put them on a flash drive and have all the information with me in an emergency. After I completed that project I am now working on scanning all my old syllabus' from past genealogy conferences. I plan on making a spreadsheet broken down by subject and classes and link them to the articles on my hard drive. It's taking me forever to do this but I am passionate about getting it done. I will then donate my old syllabus' to my local family history center. Thus freeing up valuable shelf space in my tiny computer room.

Scanfest is held the last Sunday of the month, so that's this Sunday. The hours are 11am - 2pm PST, I always seem to be late because I have to sneek away from part of church to attend. Scanfest is hosted by Miriam Robbins Midkiff the author of the AnceStories blog and she does a wonderful job. If you want to join me at Scanfest this Sunday, please following this link.

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

1 comment:

Miriam Robbins said...

Thanks for getting the word out about Scanfest, Renee!

Miriam