Wednesday, June 18, 2008

SearchMe.com

I just read Dick Eastman's article A Graphical Search Engine: SearchMe.com. I couldn't wait to try it out. I just love search engines. It is very visually appealing. The results come back as little images of the websites. I put in my name and could see all the website designs I have done. Kind of like walking back in time. It's cool, it's different but I'm not sure how functional it is for me. It's a different mindset that I have to absorb.

I was pleased to see that on the site there is a little Firefox add-on that you can download. It will add SearchMe to your search engine box. Sorry not sure how to describe it but it's on the upper right hand corner of my browser. I just click on an arrow and say which search engine I want to use and it will let me put the terms in and search away. I use it all the time and now I will play with SearchMe and see if I can change my mindset.

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: