Sunday, August 31, 2008

Adventures in FamilySearch Indexing - Week 57

After working all week and working at the family history center I just collapsed Friday evening. Well I didn't really collapse I just decided I was tired enough to not do anything. Saturday I never even touched my computer.

Tonight I wanted to do FamilySearch Indexing and my laptop was giving me trouble. The program freezed up when I went to look at the previous page. I finally logged off and restarted everything. Then it worked beautiful. I guess it was just a hiccup.

Since I indexed on Wednesday I wasn't surprised to not see anything new on My Messages or on the website for us. I couldn't resist I wanted to index more New York 1870 U. S. Federal Census records. I was so glad they were still there.

I did several batches but the first two don't really count. There was nothing on the pages. I had hit the end of the census for the area. I got credit for doing 140 record though. My grand total to date is 8,457 records indexed.

I know this is a short report of my days adventure in indexing but it was very simple to do. It helps when you are motived by working a project you are passionate about. I sure hope they still have New York records next week. Until then have a happy Labor Day.

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: