Thursday, August 14, 2008

My New Job!

I just had to share this news with all my genealogy friends out there. Today I was officially offered and accepted a job with WorldVitalRecords, part of FamilyLink.com. I am just so excited to finally be working in a field I love. I can't wait to start training on Monday.

I didn't give my current job much notice - tomorrow is my last day. I'm so glad I was inspired to plan ahead, I started recording my job processes so someone could take over for a while now. I don't feel I need to be there to train any one. All my work is caught up and ready for someone else to take over. I just know if I gave a longer notice I wouldn't of been a very good employee - my head would be full of dreaming of my new job. It not like I was a manager or anything at my "old" job. Part of me feels bad for not giving a customary two week notice but the timing just didn't work.

What will it be like to get paid to talk to people about genealogy related things all day? This is going to be a fantastic ride. I can't wait to find out. I hope I get a chance to peak at the new Family History Library Catalog 2.0 that they are working on. Now that I'm going to be a WorldVitalRecords insider should I change my blog name? [jk]

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

8 comments:

Miriam Robbins said...

Let me be the first to say "CONGRATULATIONS, Renee!" How exciting!

Yes, I can see it now, "The WorldVitalRecords Insider" blog! :-)

Sheri Fenley said...

Renee,

Congratualtions! You lucky, lucky, dog!

Sheri Fenley

Moultrie Creek said...

How wonderful for you - and all of us too. We now have a "connection" at WVR! Best of luck to you.

Marie Cooke Beckman said...

Congrats Renee!!

Anonymous said...

Big Congrats headed your way girl. I know that ALL of us will benefit by your new job.

Phyllis Garner

Jasia said...

Congratulations Renee!

Wishing you much success on your new job!

Charley "Apple" Grabowski said...

Congratulations! It's wonderful to have a job you love.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great job! :)