Popular Local Filmmaker to Speak at Free Seminar
The Riverton FamilySearch Library Hosts an Event
on November 19th from 9:00 A.M. to Noon
RIVERTON, UTAH¾Thousands of local moviegoers have been moved to tears while watching the popular movie 17 Miracles. At this month’s Saturday Seminar series at the Riverton FamilySearch Library, keynote speaker and filmmaker T. C. Christensen will share his unique perspectives gleaned from writing, directing, and filming the movie. In his presentation, “17 Miracles in Retrospect,” T. C. will share the story of the Willie and Martin Handcart companies, their struggles, and the miracles they witnessed as they crossed the plains.
T. C. Christensen has also made several films about the Prophet Joseph Smith. Among these are Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration and Emma Smith: My Story. He also made A Giant Among Men on the life of President Gordon B. Hinckley. Other LDS films include Testaments and The Work and the Glory.
T. C. has also been involved in many feature films including Rigolettoand Forever Strong as well as IMAX films including Lewis and Clark for National Geographic and Roving Mars for Disney. His short films include The Touch of the Master’s Hand, The Pump, Only a Stonecutter, and The John Tanner Story.
Following the 9:00 a.m. keynote presentation, there will be two blocks of four classes that will cover topics of interest to both beginning and advanced family history enthusiasts.
Classes to be held from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. are:
- “Searching for Ancestors Step by Step: FamilySearch Wiki Goldmine”¾Sheri Lynn Lemon
- “Sharing Time: Increasing Productivity on the New FamilySearch Website”¾Andrea Schnakenburg
- “Archives.com: A Simple Tool for Online Genealogy Research”¾Craig Bullough
- “Families and the War between the States: Getting to Know Your Civil War Era Ancestors”¾Yvonne Curry
The classes available from 11:00 a.m. to noon are:
- “Certified Genealogy Software that Makes New FamilySearch Easier”¾Janet Hovorka
- “Hansel and Gretel: Finding and Following Our German Ancestors’ Trail Home” ¾Tammy Stansfield
- “The Tired, the Poor, the Huddled Masses, and the Wretched Refuse: U.S. Immigration from 1820 to 1854”¾Beth Taylor
- “Introduction to Legacy 7.5 Tree Maker and Legacy Family Search, Part 2”¾Carl Holland
Registration is not required for this free seminar. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 Market Center Drive. The facility is near the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 13400 South, just east of The Home Depot.
Please click here for a T.C. Christensen flyer.