The Nordic Research Unit of FamilySearch is seeking candidates to assist patrons and write for the FamilySearch Wiki. We are seeking candidates to fill a six month temporary position with a focus on family history records, resources, and strategies for the countries of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and occasionally Iceland.
We need self-driven, creative thinkers who can:
- Offer friendly, timely, and accurate service to the public.
- Provide quality research advice for the countries which are covered by the Nordic Reference Area at the Family History Library.
- Write research concepts and processes clearly and concisely.
- High computer skills, especially with Internet searching and FamilySearch products. Competence with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of FamilySearch products (FamilySearch.org; Wiki; New.familysearch.org; Family Tree, etc.)
- Advanced genealogical research skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to decipher and translate Nordic handwritten records.
- Expertise in utilizing online record databases such as ArkivDigital, Digitalarkivet, and Arkivalieronline
- Bachelor’s degree
- An AG in one of the Nordic countries or equivalent experience in genealogy, history, or a related field.
- Fluency in one of the Nordic languages.
- 20–40 hours per week, including Saturdays and some evenings.
- Employment will be for six months starting in April.
To apply click on Church Employment located at the bottom of www.lds.org or click on the following link: http://www.lds.org/church/empl
NOTICE: ICAPGen occasionally makes information from outside sources available to our website users as a community service. Though ICAPGen does not endorse or sponsor the individuals, companies, and organizations that contribute this information, we may share their information in order to provide opportunities to the genealogical community.