Salt Lake Community College GENEALOGY Program Spring Registration is OPEN
Spring registration for returning students and begins on November 11 for new students. Registration details can be found at www.slcccontinuinged.com/
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) has offered Genealogy courses in the Division of Continuing Education since 2007. The program was developed in response to a growing community need for proper use of genealogical records and sources as well as expertise in research methodology and family history documentation. Revamped in 2012, the program is now under the Information Studies umbrella, with premier instructors who are highly respected in the field of genealogy and family research.
Current Genealogy Instructors:
- Lorraine Bourne, Accredited Genealogist
- Sharon Carmack, Certified Genealogist
- Karen Clifford, Accredited Genealogist, UGA Fellow
- Janet Hovorka, Masters in Library & Information Science
- Kelly Summers, Accredited Genealogist
SLCC is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), a regional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Spring 2013 semester credit & noncredit courses include:
- Genealogy Computer & Internet Tools**
- Intro to Genealogical Research
- U.S. Record Groups
- International Record Groups
- Tracing Immigrant Origins
- Genealogy Writing & Publishing
- Preparing for U.S. Credentials
**First class in series
Offered as credit or non-credit – depending on the student’s goal – a focus on International or U.S. genealogical research is available. To earn a certificate, students must complete six classes. Courses are offered online and prepare students to become accredited or certified in genealogical research.
Credit courses (GEN): Tuition is $454 for a 3 credit hour class. Out-of-state tuition for a 3 credit hour class is $1,362. All of the Genealogy program courses are offered online. For financial aid determination go to:http://www.slcccontinuinged.
Non-credit courses (CEGN) can also be taken to earn a certificate. Tuition for a non-credit course is $350 online course fee. To register for non-credit course call 801-957-5200. An application for acceptance to the college is not required for non-credit courses. To register for non-credit options call: 801-957-5200.
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/slccconted
· Website: www.slcccontinuinged.com/