Sunday, January 20, 2008

Adventures in FamilySearch Indexing - Week 26

It's week 26th and I am totally into the habit of doing FamilySearch Indexing. It's been a quiet day and it was peaceful to work on the New York 1850 U.S. Federal Census. I found awaiting me when I signed on a nice "Thank You" from Headquarters.
From: Headquarters
Subject: Thank You!
Date: 15 Jan 2008

You are amazing!

Using FamilySearch Indexing in 2007, you indexed seven times the amount of records indexed in 2006. Each one of you contributed to this amazing growth.

Currently, we have over 115,000 indexers. Today alone, you have already indexed over 168,000 names (as of 1:00PM MST).

We want to express our heartfelt thanks to each of you for all you have done, and are currently doing, to move this exciting work of indexing along so smoothly. Keep up the great work!
Isn't it fantastic that we have so many people indexing and the work is speeding along. I know the longer I do indexing the faster I get at it. It took me hardly anytime at all tonight to index 3 batches. I now have a grand total of 2,626 individuals indexed. Won't it be exciting to see how much we index this year!

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: