FamilySearch Support is pleased to announce that they will be offering more training classes, at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, to all registered Family History Consultants and Priesthood Leaders. This is an opportunity to obtain training and a new FamilySearch account early. To take advantage of this opportunity and register for any of the available classes please go to: http://familysearch.eventbrite.comIf you are a Family History Consultant or Priesthood Leader, but not yet registered, you can go to http://consultant.familysearch.org and sign up so you are eligible to attend classes.
The classes are offered on Tues, Thurs, and Sat starting Feb 7th to March 27th. Right now the Feb 7th and Feb 12th classes are full. The hours and length of time of the classes vary. You will see that some classes are 1 hour long and others are 6 1/2 hours long. The actually class "How Consultant's Support the new FamilySearch" - that is important to me - so I can get live access to NFS is really just an hour long.
Here is some information you might want to know:
- Understand the family history consultant’s role in broadening member participation in family history and temple work.
- Gain the knowledge needed to help members readily identify and submit ancestors for temple ordinances.
- Learn how to use the new FamilySearch before it is released to your temple district.
- Discover what assistance is available through FamilySearch Worldwide Support and the Family History Library.
Please be aware that classes are being held in three locations: Family History Library, the Museum of Church History and Art and the Joseph Smith Memorial Building - FamilySearch Center. Not every class is offered every time. You are not required to take the classes in order.
- FHL Consultant Training Part 1 - Helping Family History Happen (Understanding your calling and role as a Family History Consultant, and how you help fulfill the 3 fold Mission of the Church.)
- FHL Consultant Training Part 2 - Helping Members (Determining members needs and how you can assist them.)
- FHL Consultant Training Part 3 - Internet Help Resources Introduction to resources available through the LDS Church, BYU, Local Resources and the Internet.
- How Consultant's Support the new FamilySearch (This lesson will discuss the resources available to help you effectively support the new FamilySearch. After attending this class you may obtain a new FamilySearch account. This is the only class that offers this benefit and requires that you be a registered consultant or priesthood leader. )
To register for this event, it requires your membership number. You may obtain this information from your ward clerk.
Consultant Training Parking and Dining
Parking options might cost from $3.00 to $5.00 for the day. There also is a TRAX station right next to the Family History Library.
Dining options nearby include the ZCMI Mall Food Court, the Nauvoo Café or The Garden Restaurant in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, or The Lion House Pantry Restaurant (10% discount coupons for these restaurants are available in the Family History Library lobby or FamilySearch Center on request). Passes will also be available upon request for the Church Cafeteria in the Church Office Building on weekdays. There is also a lunch room with food vending machines on the Main floor of the Family History Library and basement of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
REMEMBER to bring your email confirmation of class registration from EventBrite with you in order to gain access to the class.
See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!