December 22, 2011
Dear Family History Consultant, Family History Center Director, Stake Indexing Director, and Priesthood Leader:
Here is some important information about upcoming events and resources that will help you as you use family history in the work of salvation and in blessing the lives of Church members.
In its inaugural year, the RootsTech conference was wildly successful and is one of three premier events for the family history community each year. This year (February 2-4, 2012, Salt Palace Convention Center) we are hoping to build on last year’s success and continue to provide a forum to receive training and information. We are pleased to announce that we will once again offer training for your family history church calling.
You have the option of:
· Paying for the full conference attendance at a discounted rate. Consultant training is NOT included in this option (see below). Use this link and code RT89: http://rootstech.org/register
· Attending the free events only (training cla sses below, exhibit area, and devotional). Use this link to register: http://rootstech.org/training
· Doing both, as your schedule allows. Remember, if you choose to do both, you must register using both links u>above!
Consultant Training Information
The free courses will center on consultants, family history centers, and priesthood leaders. In addition, we plan to once again offer a devotional from an LDS Church General Authority. We will keep you informed as dates, times, and details become available.
The three free training courses are titled:
· Family History Consultants: Keys to Success and Working with Leaders
· Priesthood Leaders: Utilizing Family History in the Work of Salvation
· The Family History Center: A Vital and Relev ant Resource
More details will be c oming. Use this link to register: http://rootstech.org/training
RootsTech Conference Registration and Information
With regard to RootsTech, you should also know that those with family history callings are eligible for a substantial discount on the purchase of a full conference pass. Even though the early bird period has passed, you may still use the RT89 code when you register at http://rootstech.org and pay only $89 for the full conference. The full conference does NOT include the free training. Again, if you want to pay for the conference and attend the free events, you must register for both using both links. Lunches and other events are priced and paid for separately.
Finally, we would like to remind you that the First Presidency has given all of us a wonderful Christmas gift with the release of the Bible Videos that are a heart-touching look at key events in the Savior’s life. They can be accessed at http://biblevideos.lds.org. They are also available on the Apple AppStore for the iPad and iPhone. They are a wonderful resource.