I wanted to send a recap of Tim Sullivan’s Saturday keynote address at RootsTech. Some of the largest highlights include:
· Ancestry.com is partnering with FamilySearch to bring 140 million pages of US Probate Records covering more than 130 years.
· Over the next 5 years, we will be spending $100 million to digitize, index and put online new content on Ancestry.com, Fold3, Archives and Newspapers.com
· AncestryDNA is now available to everyone (subscriber and non-subscribers) for $99
· The AncestryDNA database has more than 120,000 samples and we’ve delivered more than 2 million fourth cousin DNA matches
· Ancestry.com’s new iOS 4.1 update will be available soon (now available as of today 3/25)
· More than 1/3 of our new registrants on Ancestry.com are coming from mobile devices
· That same 1/3 are younger than our typical website user and this is a great sign of the future health of the family history category
· Collaboration is key. We encourage everyone to share and help each other.
· We are constantly looking at ways to appeal to the beginner and the expert genealogist. This can be difficult when the two ends of the spectrum speak a different language, but we are determined to find the best way to appeal to both parties.
You can view the entire address online at RootsTech.org: Tim Sullivan, CEO of Ancestry.com
This was a great event and I’m looking forward to RootsTech 2014 next February.