Friday, February 13, 2015

RootsTech 2015 - Friday Events

I had fun at RootsTech today by sharing the experience with Laura Chandia, my best friend since high school. We actually took separate classes today. After the keynote with Laura Bush and Jenna Bush Hager I attended The Innovator Showdown. My other classes were all on FamilySearch which crossed over various tracks.

Since Laura had a desire to be more organized, I recommended that she attend Thomas MacEntee's class on "Building a Genealogy Research Toolbox". We finally met up for the last class of the day, Ron Tanner's "FamilySearch Family Tree 2014 and beyond". Before the Ron Tanner "act" began Laura told me how happy she was with that class. It was just what she wanted. 

The perfect close to the day was listening to Ron Tanner. He is just so entertaining and he was in prime form today. The evening activity was extended hours in the Exhibit Hall. As we worked our way through the vendors we spotted the FamilySearch recording booth and that looked like fun.

We decided to tell the story about Laura's conversion to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  With her permission I am sharing it with you.



See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another RootsTech day.

No comments: