Sunday, December 09, 2007

Adventures in FamilySearch Indexing - Week 20

Can I just tell ya I love it when things match up. I was just tickled when I realized that this was week 20 in my Adventures in FamilySearch Indexing and I was able to hit the 2,000 mark in names indexed. Actually the number is 2,014 but that is close enough. I indexed 168 names today so I could finally reach that milestone event. Looking back it was week 15 that I reached 1,510 names indexed but it was week 11 that I hit 1,024 names. Overall I am still averaging about 100 names a week. That is a nice comfortable pace for me.

I am also so excited this week because I am coming to a close in my full-time training for my job. After this week I get to work 25 hours a week FROM HOME. I just can't believe that I actually have made it this far. I just hoped and prayed that I would have the strength to make it this far. The goal now seem very obtainable. My health has been good and I have been getting plenty of sleep. One very important thing has been my taking vitamins daily. I found this liquid vitamin called "Alive" at the health food store and it has been just fantastic. It's been like a miracle drug for me - nothing else has ever made me up and around consistently for 5 weeks. In the past I was lucky to do anything full-time for even a week. The stuff is smelly and looks like the black junk in the bottom of my vegetable bin when I forget to clean it out, and tastes as bad as it looks but it's worth every icky drop to me.

So I've managed to index and work but I haven't managed to blog very well. I long to be able to get back to that on a regular basis. I really appreciate all my readers having patience with me during this time frame. I have several story idea but haven't had the time to weave the pictures together. I really enjoy that creative process and have dearly missed it.

Before I started to index today I took the time to go through some personal genealogy inquires. It was so much fun to get back into data entering into my genealogy database. I think out of everything I have missed that the most. There is such satisfaction in connecting people and bits of their lives stories together. I just love filling in the blank spaces in their lives. I have just so much to do for all the people in my database. In a way it's kinda sad that I just start to get healthier and then I turn around and go back to work. Just imagine all of the neat genealogy things I could be doing with this new found health. Sad but the timing and the way things have happened are meant to be. My son Phil starts his mission on January 2, 2008 and I need the strength to be able to support him. Two years will be a long time for both of us.

Here's wishing you a happy holiday season and the time to get some indexing done in-between.

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang in there. two years will be gone in a flash!