Sunday, December 09, 2007

Guatemala Temple Goes Live with NFS

I just received word from a reader that the Guatemala, Mexico temple will go LIVE 11 December 2007 with New FamilySearch. They verified this information with both the Temple Recorder and Assistant Temple Recorder. I have updated my "New FamilySearch Roll-out" list with this information.

Since I am unable to personally confirm international announcements I appreciate the readers that have kept me informed of these announcements in their areas. When I receive updates I will let you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sending me the last 2 blog entries, however, apparently you are not well-versed in geography. GUATEMALA is a sovereign country and is not part of MEXICO and never was. As a matter of fact, a good portion of southern Mexico was sold by Guatemala in years past.



The Guatemala Temple is located in the federal capitol city, Guatemala City, Guatemala. They will be going "live" with NFS tomorrow morning, 11 December 2007. I am a certified ordinance worker at that temple while also serving the last few weeks of an 18 month senior mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.



B. Claire M FitzGerald

Anonymous said...

Ok. I'm confused.

I get that the Guatemala city,Guatemala (serving central america) Temple is going live to NFS

Is another Temple in Mexico also
going live?

I already know Guatemala is a separate country from Mexico

Thanks

Anonymous said...

The Guatemala Temple (in Guatemala City, Guatemala) is the very first temple, outside the USA, to go LIVE (as of this morning). If you live in one of the temple districts located in Mexico, you may try to register on the New FamilySearch web site located at:

https://new.familysearch.org/en/action/unsec/welcome

To register, you must have this information available:
1) your church record number
2) your confirmation date

If your temple district has gone "live", you will be permitted to register and use the system. If your temple is not "live" at that time, you must wait.