Monday, June 15, 2009

AncestralSpace is having a birthday!!

I received the following from AncestralSpace. It's been a while since I dropped in so I appreciated the reminder.

That's right, we are one year old and still growing every day!!! June of 2009 saw my baby come to life. My wish to have a social networking site without all the "drama" of myspace that was just for genealogists came true. Many of you know it came as a result of an interview I was asked to take part in, on my opinion if Myspace helped with genealogy...which of course it hadnt helped me one single bit, other than to identify other genealogists with the same thoughts.

My wish was not so much to be a repository for family trees via gedcom files..there are plenty of other sites that do that...my wish was for a place where genealogist could get together, brainstorm, share information, tips, tricks, news and help each other for FREE. With over 1100 registered users (and growing every day) and 40 discussion groups, hundreds of blogs and thousands of photos, AncestralSpace is carving a place out in the genealogy society that makes me proud. We have been mentioned in a national genealogy magazine, and written about in other genealogy blogs, groups, forums and mailing lists.

I grow prouder of it every day and appreciate all of the members that have gone out of their way to get others to join, sometimes getting slapped on the hand for daring to mention it in certain places. Its members like that, that will make sure we stay around and grow.

Happy Birthday to us!!! And remember, the more people you tell about its, the more people we can help!!!

Here's to another year everyone, and if you havent logged in, in awhile stop by, log into the account you registered and see the new faces and info you've missed!!! http://www.ancestralspace.com

Shannon

Owner AncestralSpace

No comments: