Monday, September 14, 2009

New FamilySearch update - 14 Sep 2009

I received the following email from my source at FamilySearch on Sept 8th.

Sister Zamora,

All of the St George Temple district was activated on September 7th. All of Idaho Falls will be on as of the 14th as well as the first ten stakes in the Provo Temple district. The Utah Idaho Website should be reflected shortly to indicate which ten stakes will be going live on the 14th.

Thanks,

Renee's comments:

I am including information off of the "New.FamilySearch.org Utah and Idaho Release" page so you can see the current status.

News and Updates

All members in the following temple districts have full access to the Web site:

  • Twin Falls Idaho
  • Monticello Utah
  • Rexburg Idaho
  • Manti Utah
  • Vernal Utah
  • Logan Utah
  • Boise Idaho
  • St. George Utah

Family history leaders in the following temple districts have been sent the preparation notification. Click on the temple name to see the announced release date for each stake in the temple district.

I am also including the latest rumors about the roll-out timing that I have heard.

  • New FamilySearch will probably be totally live in Utah & Idaho by General Conference.
  • 40 stakes will get the email today saying they will go live next week, all in the Provo district.

It would be great if these rumors are true, but I wanted to make sure you know they are rumors. In my opinion totally do-able possibilities, but we will have to wait and see. I can not stress enough the importance of every Family History Consultant documenting their knowledge of NFS but taking all the Family History Consultant Training. You need it done now!

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

Update: From Paul Nauta, FamilySearch Public Affairs Director
“The current plans are to have newFamilySearch rolled out to all temple districts by the end of 2009. All Idaho and Utah districts will not be live by the upcoming LDS General Conference date.”

1 comment:

James Tanner said...

Thanks, I always appreciate your posts. I guess the long product introduction is almost over. I guessed that Provo would be the next Temple because my Son-in-law is an Elder's Quorum President and they got instructions some time ago.