8 Great Reasons to Attend a Virtual Genealogy Conference
Family Tree University’s Spring 2012 Virtual Conference March 9-11 offers unique benefits
CINCINNATI, March 1, 2012—Have you ever missed a genealogy conference session you wanted to attend because the room was too full, or because the time conflicted with another session of interest? Or heard how great a session was after the fact and lamented that you didn’t choose it?
That’s just one of the problems solved by Family Tree University’s Virtual Conferences. These three-day online workshops are the only genealogy conferences where attendees can completely customize the program to suit their needs. Attendees can watch 15 pre-recorded 30-minute classes at any time and in any order they choose during the conference.
A few more of the unique benefits attendees of the Spring 2012 Virtual Conference, March 9-11, will enjoy:
- All sessions can be downloaded for later viewing—allowing you to watch favorite sessions again or save certain classes to view after the conference ends, so you can make the most of the real-time interaction during the weekend.
- PDFs of the presentation slides from each class are available to download, too, eliminating the need to take copious notes or copy down website URLs.
- The conference takes place entirely online, allowing attendees ultimate flexibility for participating. It’s the only conference where you can show up at 2 a.m in your pajamas if you want to! Log in anywhere you have a computer and an internet connection, from your favorite armchair to your favorite coffee shop. Squeeze in a live chat during Suzy’s soccer game.
- An FTU Virtual Conference also provides programming from nationally known genealogy presenters, including Thomas MacEntee, Lisa Louise Cooke and many more. You don’t have to miss out if you can’t afford a hotel room or have physical limitations that make an in-person conference impractical.
- An exhibit hall with booths showcasing genealogy products and services, such as the mobile scanner
- A virtual swag bag of free downloadable genealogy goodies
- Daily contests for great genealogy prizes
- Opportunities to chat with and ask questions of experts, as well as make new friends of genealogy buffs just like you
About Family Tree University
Family Tree University is part of the Genealogy Community at F+W Media, Inc., which also encompasses Family Tree Magazine—America’s most popular family history magazine—the Family Tree Books imprint and the ShopFamilyTree.com online store. These publications and products are devoted to providing engaging, easy-to-understand instruction that makes genealogy a hobby anyone can do. In addition to the virtual conference, Family Tree University offers more than 30 online genealogy courses and monthly live webinars.