HeritageQuest® Online is a comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources—rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids.
18th Century or 20th Century. European or Native American. Farm or Factory. East Coast or West Coast. Where does your American past begin?
Discover the amazing history of you with HeritageQuest Online. It delivers an essential collection of genealogical and historical sources—with coverage dating back to the 1700s—that can help people find their ancestors and discover a place’s past.
The collection consists of the following core data sets:
U.S. Federal Censuses feature the original images of every extant federal census in the United States, from 1790 through 1940, with name indexes for many decades. In total the collection covers more than 272 million names.
Genealogy and local history books deliver more than 7 million digitized page images from over 28,000 family histories, local histories, and other books. Titles have been digitized from our own renowned microform collections, as well from the American Antiquarian Society via an exclusive partnership.
Periodical Source Index (PERSI) Archive (1800-2009), published by the Allen County Public Library, it contains more than 2.3 million records covering both English and French periodicals published around the world since 1800.
Revolutionary War records contains original images from pension and bounty land warrant application files help to identify more than 80,000 American Army, Navy, and Marine officers and enlisted men from the Revolutionary War era.
Freedman’s Bank Records, with more than 480,000 names of bank applicants, their dependents, and heirs from 1865–1874, offers valuable data that can provide important clues to tracing African American ancestors prior to and immediately after the U.S. Civil War. It is considered one of the most important resources for African-American genealogical research.
U.S. Serial Set records the memorials, petitions, private relief actions made to the U.S. Congress back to 1789, with a total of more than 480,000 pages of information.
With a robust search interface, easy-to-use document management tools, and convenient remote access, it’s easy to see why HeritageQuest continues to be one of the most recommended resources by family history publications and genealogists.
The clues are out there waiting. Let HeritageQuest help you to find them.
Try HeritageQuest Online in your library.
Or, contact your ProQuest Account Representative to learn more about this product and others that directly support research into the genealogy and local history, including:
- Ancestry® Library Edition features over 200 billion images in more than 8,000 unique databases via a library edition of the popular Ancestry.com website
- ProQuest® African American Heritage focuses exclusively on resources devoted to African American family history research
- Historic Map Works™ Library Edition provides the largest digital collection of historic maps with over 1.5 million maps
- ProQuest Sanborn Maps Geo Edition (1867-1970) provides digital access to thousands of large-scale maps of American towns and cities, searchable by address and GPS coordinates.
- Digital Sanborn® Maps details over 100 years of urban growth in America with more than 600,000 property and land-use records
- ProQuest® Historical Newspapers delivers a definitive digital archive of significant regional, national, and international newspapers
- ProQuest® Black Historical Newspapers delivers a definitive digital archive of newspapers published ProQuest® American Jewish Newspapers features four key American Jewish newspapers that enable researchers to investigate Jewish immigration, genealogy, history and so much more.
- NewspaperARCHIVE Library Edition provides searchable access to more than 300 hundred years of local historical newspapers dating back to the 17th century. The full collection of NewspaperARCHIVE Library Edition contains more than 130 million digitized pages of content from over 6,000 newspapers throughout North America, the UK, and other select countries worldwide.