The Riverton FamilySearch Library will host a free seminar on
Saturday, April 19th, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.
that will offer help to genealogists of all skill levels.
Riverton, Utah-Putting the Family Back in Family History: Getting Your Whole Family Engaged
Families can be strengthened as children and youth accept the challenge to engage in family history and temple work. Come learn how your family can receive blessings promised by the Brethren by getting everyone engaged in the work of salvation, as families implement creative ways to turn the hearts of the children to their fathers.
Presenter Suzanne H. Curley is the North America patron services manager for FamilySearch, working with family history centers throughout the United States and Canada to enhance the patron experience. She is the former director of the Riverton FamilySearch Library. Suzanne is also a licensed attorney and member of the Utah State Bar. Suzanne and her husband Mike are the parents of four children and 14 grandchildren.
Following the keynote presentation from 9:00 to 10:00 a.m., two blocks of four classes each are offered that cover topics of interest for beginning, intermediate, and advanced family history
10:10 a.m. Choose one of the following four classes:
- “How to Find Your Swedish Ancestors” Part 1 - Geoffrey Fröberg Morris
- “The Magic in RootsMagic”––Ron Ray
- “Can Genealogy Be Simplified?” Part 1- Ray Millgate
- “Finding the Lost That You Didn’t Know Were Lost”-Ann Rueckert
11:20 a.m. Choose one of the following four classes:
- “How to Find Your Swedish Ancestors” Part 2-Geoffrey Fröberg Morris
- “FamilySearch Indexing”––Rose Scott and Margaret Klingler
- “Can Genealogy Be Simplified?” Part 2-Fred Ratliff
- “Family History Detectives—Inspiring Youth to “Climb” Their Family Tree and Enter a New Exciting World of Adventure, Mystery, and Discovery”––Suzanne Hansen
Registration is not required for this free seminar. The Riverton FamilySearch Library is located in the LDS Riverton Office Building at 3740 West Market Center Drive. The facility is near the intersection of Bangerter Highway and 13400 South, just east of The Home Depot.