Monday, August 06, 2007

Heritage Quest at FHCs

While I was working at the Family History Center I received a phone call that Heritage Quest was now available. The Family History Department was calling all the centers individually to help set up access. It appears that they are finding different scenarios for setup and a generic email with instructions couldn't handle it. I had problems with only one of our computers. A couple of computers said they didn't download the certificate but I found that untrue; when I clicked on the Heritage Quest link. From my experience - yes, I can see the need for calls to the individual centers to assist in the initial setup.

While you are at the FHC you can access Heritage Quest and eventually all the other sites they are partnering with at: www.fhc.familysearch.org. Now I wonder how many of you on your home computers just now clicked on that link? See I told you it wouldn't work unless you are at the FHC. (hehe)

What you will see is that the Church is partnering with:
I am just so excited about the roll out of these new partnerships with FamilySearch.org. It is just major coolness!

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: