Friday, August 17, 2007

NEHGS and Ancestry.com Partnership

I saw the following post by Diane Haddad on the FamilyTree Magazine blog, Genealogy Insider: "What's New From the FGS Conference".

"Subscription Web site Ancestry.com (another Web site you may have heard of) has announced a partnership with the New England Historic Genealogical Society, the oldest genealogical society in the country. You’ll hear more details in a few weeks, but the society will share records with Ancestry.com in return for discounted subscriptions for its members."

I just love the NEHGS and I was sure hoping that they would partner with FamilySearch. I wonder if that is not possible with this announcement of a partnership with Ancestry? If I could afford a membership to either of them the discount would be a sweet deal. I'm just hoping that the Family History Library in Salt Lake will still have access to their database. That's the only time I get to really use it. Then again having some of NEHGS' databases on Ancestry would be more tempting to me to purchase an Ancestry membership. I sure hope someone includes a list of the records that will be shared. I want access to "The Settlers of Beekman Patent" really bad!

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: