- Register for Your New Account. All volunteers must sign in using a FamilySearch Account or an LDS Account when these changes are made to the program. This means you will need to either register for a new account, or find and use the log in information for an existing account.
- Merge Old Account. If you want to keep your indexing history, roles, or other information currently found your indexing account, you will need to merge it with your FamilySearch Account. We will give you instructions on how to do this.
You may already have a FamilySearch (or LDS) Account if you have registered with (or signed into) any of the following Web sites recently:* Please note: FamilySearch Account is different from the user name and password used at www.FamilySearch.org.
There are resources available to help you through this transition. You may want to print these documents.
- Checklist. Print this checklist and write down the important personal information you will need to remember.
- Instructions for Upgrading and Merging. A step-by-step guide of registering for a new account and merging it with your old indexing information.
- What’s New. A detailed list of the updates and changes being made to the indexing Web site and computer program.
- LDS Account Help Page. Click this link for more information about LDS Account.
The second major part of the update is the complete internationalization of the FamilySearch indexing Web site. The site, including training materials, will be available in seven languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish! There are current indexing projects in all seven languages. The indexing computer program is already available in these languages.
At this time, you may continue indexing as usual. We will send more information as we get closer to the update. Thank you for your service in this great work.
By phone: 1-866-406-1830 (Click here to see a list of toll-free numbers outside the U.S. and Canada)
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org