This following is from FamilySearch and fantastic news!!!
Dear Family History Consultant:
We are excited to announce a great new resource for you to use as you teach others how to use the new FamilySearch. We have created a fully functional training version of new.familysearch.org that contains fictitious data designed specifically for training purposes. In this system, you will be able to:
· Use practice exercises to teach others how to use the new.familysearch.org Web site.
· Add, edit, and modify information without the worry of using real data.
· Combine and separate records.
· Practice submitting names for temple ordinances. Note: You can print a Family Ordinance Request, but do not take the request to the temple.
· Use the Help Center to search for answers to questions, and find additional training helps, including access to the new FamilySearch E-learning Course.
· Submit GEDCOMs that are limited to five names.
· Use your account until it expires after six months.
· Get a new account each time your old account expires.
The training system will:
· Delete any data you have added after your account expires.
· Refresh the account and return it to its original state so it can be used again.
· Continue to be upgraded as the new FamilySearch system is enhanced.
Access to this new training system is available at: https://training.familysearch.org. Those with an LDS Account user name and password (Church members who have registered at https://ident.familysearch.org/cis-web) will be able to sign on using that user name and password.
This is the first version of the training system. It provides the full functionality of new FamilySearch and has a basic set of exercises. We will continue to enhance the exercises based on feedback from those using the system. We hope this will prove to be a great new training resource for you while you teach classes about the new FamilySearch. The training system is available now.