Sunday, February 21, 2010

Winter 2010 GeneaBloggers Games - Days 7 - 9

It wasn't until this past Friday that I realized that the Winter 2010 GeneaBlogger Games didn't end until next Saturday, 27th Feb.  I had been beating my brains out trying to finish for this past Saturday the 20th.  Needless to say,  I took a break from the games for the weekend.  Having a major headache also helped me make that decision.

I finally got back into the games today by working on the "Organize Your Research" category.  I only had one task to complete to obtain the Platinum Medal. Today I finished Task C.  I had 30 family pictures that I organized into a digital scrapbook album.  I feel so lacking in the creativity area. I just don't have the knack for making things look cute and pretty.  When my daughter sees my creation I am sure she will offer to redo them for me. (hint, hint)
  • Task A: Organize at least 20 hard files or ancestral items (books, fabrics, inherited items) into file folders, boxes, envelopes, containers, etc.; archival-quality where appropriate.
  • Task B: Organize at least 20 digital files into folders, label, add metadata, add descriptions, add tags, etc.
  • Task C: Organize at least 20 photos into photo albums, scrapbooks, collages, protective holders, boxes, etc.
  • Task D: Organize at least 20 digital photos into folders, label, add metadata, add descriptions, add tags, etc.
  • Task E: Create at least 20 data entries in your database, or scan 20 photos, or scan 20 documents.
Now, I only have one more task in this section to complete, and for me it's the hardest.
  • Task F: Create a master list of your files and notify your family members of where it is stored.
This task will also be the most satisfying for me.  I have a Platinum medal already but this is for excellence. If I don't tell my family members where everything is stored they could get rid of a lot of important things when I die. This task is for the future. Who knows, maybe creating my master list will give me better insight in how to organize my files.

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

No comments: