Friday, January 01, 2016

Clooz Announcement

The following is from Clooz by Ancestral Systems.



In December 2011 I saw a notice that Elizabeth Kerstens Kelly had to drop her brainchild genealogy program Clooz for a variety of reasons. As a Clooz user since its initial introduction, I knew the potential of the program for my own genealogy research, so I contacted Elizabeth in hopes that I could take over Clooz. Elizabeth and I reached an agreement, and I became the owner of all future editions of Clooz on 1 January 2013. As soon as my announcement went public, I was contacted by Rich Thomas who was also a long time user of Clooz. Rich possessed the technical programming skills that I lacked, coming from a government career in Information Technology. Given our complementary skills and interests, Rich and I formed the Ancestral Systems LLC partnership. Clooz has grown in capability over the last four years and is currently undergoing a complete rewriting for the next version due to be released Spring/Summer 2016.
During this period my advancing age and personal family health issues began to interfere with my ability to properly support the company and Clooz. Early this fall it became apparent to me that it was time to relinquish my role and ownership in Clooz.
It is with great pleasure (and a little sadness) that I can tell you that on 1 January 2016 Rich Thomas will become the sole owner of Ancestral Systems LLC, and the headquarters will move to Maryland.
I deeply appreciate the loyalty and frequent information exchanges with our valued clients. I have no doubt that the future for Clooz is bright, and that Rich will continue to provide inovative advances for our users.
I will probably pop up from time to time, just to keep my finger on the pulse.
Thanks for all of your support,
Joe Bissett

No comments: