The Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy Highlights!
The Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy elves are busy making preparations to welcome students from around the world for a week full of in-depth education, networking, and exciting special events. New highlights include:
- SLIG Night at the FHL. Sponsored by ICAPGen and hosted by the Family History Library, this exciting new event offers classes, labs, and 45-minute consultations; topped off with light refreshments and plenty shared research time.
- “Thinking Genealogically” with Rev. Dr. David McDonald, CG. This plenary session will focus on how to incorporate evaluative and interpretive skills until they become second nature.
- The SLIG Completion Banquet keynote, “Suffer the Little Children,” will be given by Judy G. Russell, JD, CG, CGL -- from the mundane to the amazing, they all have stories we must tell. The UGA Silver Tray (publishing), UGA Fellow, and recognition awards will be announced, along with SLIG 2017 courses.
- Tap-Snap-Post. Capture your individual or group photo, choose a background, print, email, and share with a creative tagline describing your SLIG experience to be entered to win one of several prizes.
- SLIG Central will be host to Maia’s Bookstore, a UGA booth, SLIG swag, a mid-morning refreshment break, and more.
Seats are still available in several exceptional courses; the SLIG elves suggest putting the Institute on your list for Santa this year so you can join the fun. Full details at slig.ugagenealogy.org