Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pace for NFS Roll-out to Quicken

If my calculations are correct we now have nearly one-third of the LDS Temple Districts live or going live with new FamilySearch. So far 11 temples are live and 31 have been announced. Within the past week I have confirmation of the Newport Beach, California; Halifax, Nova Scotia and the Toronto, Ontario temples being announced for roll-out with NFS.

The buzz is that we should have the roll-out announcements all made by July of this year. That makes two-thirds of the temple districts still to receive word. Word is that the roll-outs are going on schedule, even a little ahead of schedule. That is fantastic news for everyone. The only hiccup I heard about was on the temple end of things, it put a stop to some roll-outs while they waited for some modifications to be made. All is well and under way for the pace of the NFS roll-out to quicken.

Click here for my New FamilySearch Roll-out List. If you have any announcements to add please email me at: zamora05@hotmail.com

See ya tomorrow, for tomorrow is always another genealogy day!

2 comments:

Rachel Pilgrim said...

I was at a training session last night on NFS (for the Dallas, TX temple district) and Sister Nickels said they are actually slowing down rollout from 4 areas per week to about 1-2 per week. Not really sure why, but I think it has to do with waiting for the new version .92 to roll out in February timeframe.

Wayne E. Weatherwax said...

Renee
I just started blog on thee Weatherwax family.
weatherwaxgenealogy.blogspot.com/