Saturday, January 30, 2016

We found your ancestor mentioned in an obituary

I received the following from FamilySearch. The name they mentioned didn't really mean a lot to me. They weren't in my current RootsMagic database. Intrigued anyways I decided to take a look. There were 20 obituaries on this new FamilySearch campaign.

I've only worked through one and already found a new child for that person, previously unknown, and submitted their ordinances. As for Lyle I only had his mother in my database so there is more work for me to add. I love how I can be sleeping, working or doing other things and FamilySearch can be continue searching in the background for me.

FamilySearch
We found an obituary that mentions one of your ancestors:
Lyle Douglas McIntyre
19421997
View Your Relationship
Discover your ancestor's story in this obituary, and attach what you find to your family tree for generations to come.
See the Obituary

No comments: